A collection of articles written by the presenters at the 18th West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics (WCCFL18). Available in both Electronic (CD) and Book form.
vi + 645 pages
spublication date: December 1999
ISBN 1-57473-223-4 CD-ROM, $20.00
ISBN 1-57473-023-1 paperback, $40.00
ISBN 1-57473-123-8 library binding, $80.00
- Raising without infinitives and the nature of agreement, Alexiadou, Artemis and Elena Anagnostopoulou
- Where and why do CVC syllables count as heavy?, Ahn, Mee-Jin
- Structural markedness and Minimalist checking theory, Bejar, Susana
- How to get a free ride: additional scrambling effect and the principle of minimal compliance, Boeckx, Cedric and Koji Sugisaki5.
- A multiplanar account of consonant-tone interaction, Bradshaw, Mary M.
- Verbal classifiers as heads of functional projections: evidence from American Sign Language, Brentari, Diane and Elena Benedicto
- Diminutive reduplication in Thompson River Salish, Coelho, Gail
- Inflection is syntactic: evidence from Salish possessives, Davis, Henry and Martina Wiltschko
- A syntactic derivation of Semitic verbs, Doron, Edit
- Properties as arguments, Engelhardt, Miriam
- Extraposition and scope: a case for overt QR, Fox, Danny and Jon Nissenbaum
- Stripping and sluicing in Japanese and some implications,Fukaya, Teruhiko and Hajime Hoji
- Phrase-linking meets Minimalist syntax, Gärtner, Hans-Martin
- At-will spoonerisms and vowel length in Finnish, Harrikari, Heli
- Subject and adjunct asymmetries: evidence from syntactic satiation, Hiramatsu, Kazuko
- Dynamic quantification at a distance, Honcoop, Martin
- Consonant clusters in Tsou and their theoretical implications, Hsin, Tien-Hsin
- Cyclic spell-out and That-t effects, Ishii, Toru
- The phonetic basis of coronal phonotactics, Kang, Yoonjung
- Interaction of tone and stress in Seoul and Chonnam Korean, Ko, Eon-suk
- Manner in dative alternation, Krifka, Manfred
- A comprehensive of three Hungarian particles, Laczkó, Tibor
- Psych-adjectives and semantic selection, Landau, Idan
- Temporal adjectives and the structure of possessive DPs, Larson, Richard and Sungeun Cho
- On multiple wh-questions: weak crossover, D-linking, and the third wh-phrase effect, Lewis, John D.
- The morphosemantics of object case in Kannada, Lidz, Jeffrey
- Two views of Polish reflexives, Lubowicz, Anna
- A reconsideration of unaccusativity in ergative alternations, Matsuoka, Mikinari
- Evidence for feature-driven A-scrambling, McGinnis, Martha
- Subject and object coordination in Ndebele: and HPSG analysis, Moosally, Michelle J.
- A unified mora account of Chuukese, Muller, Jennifer S.
- Successive cyclicity phenomena in wh-movement constructions, Noonan, Máire B.
- Durative adverbials for result states, Piñón, Christopher
- Long-distance agreement in Tsez, Potsdam, Eric and Maria Polinsky
- On base-reduplicant identity, Pylkkänen, Liina
- Quantificational mapping of nonlogical If, Quer, Josep
- Absolute constructions: on the distribution of predicative idioms, Riehemann, Susanne Z. and Emily Bender
- Object assymetries and their morphophonological reflexes,Seidl, Amanda
- Typology of consonantal weaking in a constraint-based approach, Shin, Seung-hoon
- Noun faithfulness and accent in Fukuoka Japanese, Smith, Jennifer L.
- Compensatory lengthening as coalescence: analysis and implications, Sumner, Meghan
- Indexical pronouns as bound variables, Tsoulas, George and Murat Kural
- Binding Theory and Minimalist Features, Van Gelderen, Elly
- Predicative and non-predicative verb particle constructions, Vinka, Mikael
- Right-node raising and the LCA, Wilder, Chris
- Modal verbs must be raising verbs, Wurmbrand, Susi
- The unified semantics of Mosts, Yabushita, Katsuhiko
- Case features and case particles, Yang, Dong-Whee